BASIC COURSE ON THE POTTER'S WHEEL - LEARN THE BASICS
In this course, you will learn the basic hand movements of the potter's craft through your own practical time at the wheel. The aim is to get a feel for the ceramic material, to live out hidden creativity and to take home ceramic pieces you have made yourself at the end.
Make your 1st booking now directly via: this link
1st session (2.5h) 160CHF +7.7Mwst - Shapes on the wheel.
You can also book after the 1st session, a second session to complete your pieces yourself. Please read the explanation of what this means exactly.
2nd session (2.h) optional: 140CHF +7.7Mwst - defining and finishing
- of two persons, the price is 240CHF +7.7Mwst for the first session and 200CHF +7.7Mwst for the second session.
- of three people, the price is 320CHF +7.7Mwst for the first session and 260CHF +7.7Mwst for the second session.
- of four people, the price is 400CHF +7.7Mwst for the first session and 320CHF +7.7Mwst for the second session. At the moment not available.
Residents of Zermatt receive a 10% discount on the offer.
Included in the price is the use of 1.5kg of clay, all our available tools as well as firing and glazing to your color preference by our ceramist (for this you have the full glaze range of Zermatt Ceramics at your disposal), as well as a tea or a coffee. Part of the two-hour session we allow for 10 minutes of active cleaning time of your station and tools.
The sessions are divided into two ceramic working steps. In the first session, after a demonstration of the technique, you will shape your own pieces on the wheel. Our ceramist will actively support you in this process. Afterwards, the ceramics must dry for at least 24 hours before they can finally be worked on. This means that the second session cannot take place on the same day, but ideally the following day, or in the course of the next five days. In the second session, the surfaces of the pieces are worked on. For example, by painting with a brush, pressing in stamps, carving or additions such as handles or feet.
Payment and additional costs:
The course is paid after your visit, as additional costs may arise during the course.
Additional costs are incurred in the following cases:
- If you want to have more clay fired than is included in the workshop per person. For each additional lump of clay of 500g we will charge you 22.5CHF plus Mwst of 7.7%.
- If we need to send your finished pottery by post. After your visit to our ceramics studio in Furi, the pieces will be ready for personal collection after two weeks. If this is not possible for you, we will send the pieces by post with the additional insurance "FRAGILE". For this you will be charged the shipping costs of 15CHF-30CH. This depends on the weight of the created pieces. Whether shipping is possible depends on the condition of the ceramics, which is assessed by our ceramist. In addition, Zermatt Ceramics accepts no liability for any delivery of damaged goods by the post office, despite additional "FRAGILE" insurance.
The booking of the courses is binding! If you wish to cancel a booking, this must be done at least 48 hours before the start of the booked course. Otherwise you will be charged the regular course price per registered person!
This course is normally offered from Monday to Friday. Weekend- and evening sessions are also available on request. Please do not hesitate to contact our ceramist directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 079 952 48 58with any questions or to make a booking.
Or make your 1st booking now directly via: this link
We look forward to your questions and a creative time together in our beautiful studio in Furi.